Drawing on U.S. government reports, interrogation reports of Japanese officers, ship action reports and secondary sources, this book details more than 400 kamikaze attacks by Japanese aircraft, manned torpedoes, suicide boats and suicide swimmers against U.S. ships during World War II. Part One focuses on the traditions, development and history of the kamikazes, including the origins of the samurai class and its ethos, the development of kamikaze aircraft and watercraft, and the indoctrination of children in the Japanese school system. Part Two details the kamikaze attacks on ships in the waters around the Philippines, Iwo Jima, Taiwan, Okinawa and Japan. Appendices list all of the U.S. ships suffering kamikaze attacks along with casualty figures, outlines and silhouettes of various U.S. ships involved in kamikaze attacks, and silhouettes of Japanese kamikaze aircraft.
Publisher: Smithsonian | English | ISBN: 0061241768 | 288 pages | PDF | 3.23 MB
In How Math Explains the World, mathematician Stein reveals how seemingly arcane mathematical investigations and discoveries have led to bigger, more world-shaking insights into the nature of our world. In the four main sections of the book, Stein tells the stories of the mathematical thinkers who discerned some of the most fundamental aspects of our universe. From their successes and failures, delusions, and even duels, the trajectories of their innovations-and their impact on society-are traced in this fascinating narrative. Quantum mechanics, space-time, chaos theory and the workings of complex systems, and the impossibility of a "perfect" democracy are all here. Stein's book is both mind-bending and practical, as he explains the best way for a salesman to plan a trip, examines why any thought you could have is imbedded in the number n , and-perhaps most importantly-answers one of the modern world's toughest questions: why the garage can never get your car repaired on time.
TOP POPULAR TOPICS
- » Phereoshop 2.0 Portable
- » Jay-Z - Official Discography (1996 - 2007) FC
- » Annual Plant Reviews, Biochemistry of Plant Secondary M ...
- » Vamos A La Fiesta (3 CD) 
- » The Complete Book of Karate Weapons
- » Golden Retro Hits (2012)
- » Billboard Hot 100 (05-25-2013)
- » 80s Revolution Italo Disco Vol.5
- » EagleGet 22.214.171.124 plus Portable
- » Rock and Pop Ballads (2008) WAV-Tracks
- Adobe, After Effects, Android, AntiVirus, apple, Ashampoo, audio, AutoCAD, Autodesk, BluRay, BRRip, Collection, Converter, Corel, Design, Desktop, Discography, download, Drama, DVDRip, English, Format, games, girls, images, iPad, iPhone, kontakt, mac, mac osx, Magazine, Magix, Metart, Microsoft, Mountain Lion, movie, MPEG4, music, Photography, photos, Photoshop, Portable, Rock, Rosetta Stone, Software, SolidWorks, Studio, Template, Templates, ThemeForest, video, Video Converter, VMware, Wallpaper, Wallpapers, Windows, Windows 7, windows 8, Wordpress, Xilisoft
» Show all tags